by Robbie Powick
Part 1 - Part
3 - Part 4
- Part 5
It seems to have taken a while but I have finally got the Jig finished ....... as can be seen I have also erected a tarpaulin over an old unused portable pagoda to provide shelter for the project ......
I have also been busy doing the scarfing which I shall seal and glue as soon as possible ....
enjoying the project and seeing some progress daily is good....
Well I just finished gluing the scarf on the bottom panel ....I gave the scarf a light sand followed by a wipe over with Epoxy thinner before mixing the Epoxy glue and spreading a good thick but even coat over the area to be glued.I applied the glue to both surfaces before bringing them together and clamping them..
This my first attempt at using Epoxy glue so hope it goes ok. As per the photos you will see that I used some timber and car jacks to apply equal pressure across the entire width of panel to be joined....The outside temperature here today is 18 degrees so am hoping this will be ok as it is still within the temperature range specified on the epoxy pack....
Will keep the clamps etc on for the next few days as work will keep me away from Nav until Saturday I should think..that's all for now so will let you know how this goes...