It's all at http://home.clara.net/gmatkin/design.htm
- $300 cruising boat part 1 $300 cruising boat part 2 - An
extremely basic little cruising boat that cost just $300 in
1976. Some good ideas here.
- Take-apart skiff - Handy little two-piece outboard skiff.
- How your wake works - Ever wondered why your boat's wake
looks the way it does? Here are
- Hulls to AutoCAD - Here's how to successfully transfer 3D
files from the Carlson Chine Hull Developer into AutoCAD.
- Stability essay - Our friend Hannu again, this time on the
subject of stability.
- The remarkable inventions of William Watt - Inventive individualist
William Watt has some very interesting pages that small boat
design enthusiasts should see.
- Which glue do you trust? - Here's something to make you think
hard about which glues you use...
- What makes a yacht beautiful - An authoritative essay on
what makes a yacht good looking - and what does not.
- Free designs - If you don't mind dimensioning these drawings
for yourself, they're free. I must say that the sailing boats
drawn with their transoms in the water look very odd to me,
but some of the others look pretty good.
- Free CAD - Alternative free CAD package (useful if you're
thinking of working with the free but undimensioned designs
- Powerboat plans - Some free old fashioned powerboat plans
Have a great Christmas/winter/New Year/whatever break.